I don't know how much I actually like the idea of Obama being president, I guess for being only seventeen I'm pretty conservative. But I have resigned myself to the fact that that is how its going to be and since I'm to young to really vote I have to accept the reality of the countries decision. He'll give us change all right, but I don't think that its the change that we are looking for, the words socialist and communist immediately coming to mind.
Even though some may say that I am stuck where I am, there are always other options. I can move to Canada :) or I can accept the fact and try to be the best United States citizen that I can be. I chose the later because why fight against something that I can't change. I'm not saying that I will be a passive person who stands by and would watch the government fail, but I guess I'm limited to simply voting (in 6 months!) and voicing my opinion, and I'll try very hard not to impose my opinions on others.
10 years ago

3 comments:
Way to be diplomatic, Kirsten. :) All i have to say is, you can choose to support him, or you can choose to despise him. Or you can choose to be indifferent, although i don't think you're capable of being indifferent. But supporting someone doesn't necessarily mean you have to support his actions and beliefs. I have plenty of examples if you need them! :)
And btw, your blog is adorable. :)
You can choose to accept the fact that you won't be able to change that he's president, you don't exactly have to support him or despise him. And supporting somebody does mean you support his actions and beliefs, because that's what you're supporting!
Post a Comment