My friends and I had an interesting conversation tonight. It was about confidence. We were standing in line, waiting to get into an auditorium to see a play, and becoming increasingly annoyed at people who wanted to but us (we were the first in line). We inched forward little by little, as if to show the people in front who stood next to us, who was really first.
We mentioned that if we had more confidence we would tell them straight off that the back of line was clear back there, and what they were doing was rude. However, we did not. But it got us discussing how many things you could get away with when you are confident. If you walk with your head held high and like you own the place, rarely will people stop you. You could pull off any outfit and people will admire your spunk and creativity. People respect you because you are sure of who you are.
Earlier in the day we discussed how some people were made to make others look better. Foil Characters is what I called them. Stupid people make smart people smarter, ugly people make beautiful people more beautiful, etc. It got me to thinking, as my friend and I discussed, that in all reality I'm one of those foil characters, but not entirely. My confidence level does not shoot through the roof, but I'm not one to be completely disappear into the shadows to make another person seem much more beautiful or witty. I think that is something that I need to work on. Being more confident, leaving my shell a little more, walking with my head held higher and my shoulders a little more back (not in my custom slouch), and leave my foil character behind.
10 years ago

1 comments:
wow....WOW...kirsten you've really got me thinking.... :)
Post a Comment