CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I Didn't Know I Could Love A Movie More Than Pride and Prejudice


I didn't think it was even possible to love a movie more than I loved Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, but last weekend proved me wrong. My best friend and I got together last weekend to watch the BBC Miniseries North and South based off of Elizabeth Gaskell's novel about the Industrial Revolution in England, on a few peoples recommendations. During the entire movie we were both on pins and needles freaking out as we watched the drama unfold between these two characters. It was more intense than P&P and so much more realistic. I loved that they showed both sides of the Industrial Revolution, from the rich merchant class (Mr. Thornton, that gorgeous man) to the poor street urchins, with Margaret Hale (the main lady) acting as the middle ground between these two groups.

It was ultimately a romance of misunderstandings and pride, but it was so well put together, and the ending just made me melt. I can't believe that I have went my entire life without seeing this movie in all of its splendor and grief and gorgeous men (her brother Fredrick is also very attractive). The themes behind the movie, the romance, the videotography, and the musical score, made this an amazing movie that is definitely my favorite.

2 comments:

KKF said...

Wow. I know exactly what you mean. This movie is definitely amazing.

Julie said...

I am so happy that you started a blog! YAY for blogs, now I can keep track of you since I never see you any more *sigh* So close but so far away. I'm excited to read about your awesome life!!