I don't think that we give thanks as often as we should. Small things happen every single day that go unnoticed, unthanked. We, or at least I, forget to say thank you so many times a day it hurts me to think about it, especially since I only thought about it in the spirit of Thanksgiving. Some of the small things that I am thankful for are:
- Music: especially now since I'm taking advanced music classes and I'm beginning to realize how much work and how much brillance it takes to write I appreciate it even more.
- Friends: I would be lost without them, they do so much for me that they don't even know the impact they have on my life
- Education: even though some days I don't want to go to school I am so thankful that I have the opportunity to learn and grow and have opportunities that
- Books: always book. They take me away to far off places and make me forget, at least for a little while about everything.
- Family: I don't even need to say more. They are everything in my life
- Intelligent people: thank goodness there are people in this world who make sense and are a step above all the stupid people
- Showers: after a long trying day, nothing is better
- Technology: internet, straighteners, movies, laptops, word processors, blogs, ipods, etc.
- My Country: yes its recent choice in president may not be the wisest but I am so grateful for all the opportunities I have here, freedom to speak, freedom to practice religion, freedom to live.
I am thankful for so many more things that the list would take up several several peices of paper and a very long scroll bar. But these are the things that come immediately to my mind and in light of Thanksgiving I am truly thankful for everything that I have. I am truly blessed.
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment