CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Forgetting to Take Time


Fall is one of my favorite times a year. I say that a little posthumously here since snow has already graced the ground, but I can't pass by my favorite season without saying something. I love the crisp sweater weather and the gorgeous colors on the trees and the food like firm and sweet apples and turkey. But lately it has seemed to go by so fast. I haven't enjoyed the season much this year because summer left so late and winter came too early.


I walked home from school the other day, the first time I have in a while, and thought about all the things that I am forgetting to take time to do. I should spend more time with my family, more time giving service, more time being a good friend. But I haven't. I've been stuck focusing on myself, what homework needs to be done, what colleges I should apply for, me, me , me, me. As I was walking I felt ashamed that I have been so self-centered, so focused on what I think I need I forget to take the time for what is really important.


That is what I love about walks. They give time for reflection, where there is none in this crazy busy world. They give time to find out who you really are. I find them incredibly relaxing, and it made me miss the morning walks that my best friend and I would take early in the summer mornings. I missed that, this past summer. I miss the time that we put aside just to talk like we can't in school. I miss the beautiful morning air, and the vigor it gave me to finish off my day with energy.


Maybe I should take more time and go for a walk more often. Maybe I should do self-reflections a little more and discover myself. Maybe I can do better and not be so self-focused. Maybe, just maybe I won't forget to take time for what really is important

0 comments: