"Sign my yearbook."
Ah, the dreaded words.
What does one say to good friends that they have had throughout all four years of high school? How can you possibly express how much you care for them and how amazing they are without sounding completely redundant? This is possibly the last time that I will see all of these people but I cannot possibly write down all that I feel and all that we have been through in a measly five line shout-out in the blank white pages of a yearbook. Words are just too impossible to find. Too impossible to adequately express. I'll admit that I started to cry when I read through them today knowing that high school is forever over and friends are moving away and continueing on with life. An ache came into my heart as I read over my best friends and knowing that she will live in another state and I can't have long conversations with her anymore or movie nights (I really started to cry then). I can't believe it's over, but I'm glad for a new chapter to begin.
10 years ago

2 comments:
I KNOW!!! (sorry about making you cry)
today when I saw Nate walking away across the parking lot everything just kind of hit me: I'm not going to see him or anyone again after Friday. I won't get to see him make his funny moves or just laugh at his jokes or...sigh. I don't know what I'll do, I really don't.
there are so many important people at that place that I can't count or name but I want them all to know how much I care, you know? I don't want them to leave without realizing how much they mean to me what they have done for me in my life.
It was like watching him walk away was my high school years walking away. I guess it was a powerful image, seeing him walking away from me, his back to me.
Post a Comment