CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, May 14, 2009

What Genre?

Music is a funny thing. Taste changes from year to year and my taste in music has significantly changed through the years. When I was younger it was all oldies that my parents listened to such as Bryan Adams, Styx, Queen, and Collin Raye. When my opinions started to take more shape my music became teenage pop like No Secrets, Jesse McCartney, and Hilary Duff. Then came the alternative rock, R&B, hip-hop, Michael Buble phase, instrumental, only Broadway, country (well . . . only Rascal Flatts really), to where I am now. My new favorites are artists like Regina Spektor (thanks Reuben for the awesome CD), Ingrid Michaelson, A Fine Frenzy, Jason Mraz, Matchbox Twenty, Josh Groban, Imogen Heap, Taylor Swift, Keane, David Archuleta, Sara Barielles, Colbie Caillat, Fray, etc. It's interesting to see where I've come from and different phases of music that I've been through that has affected my tastes now. When people ask what genre of music I like, I can honestly say all but rap (never had much of a stomach for it).

0 comments: