What does the word 'GOSSIP' inspire you to write about? (Daily Topic)
I hate to say that I'm one of those base people who tend to dawdle in gossip but sometimes there is little else to be done. Eleanor Roosevelt once said that great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, and small minds discuss people. However I tend to disagree. What is ideas and events without people? I know she most likely meant the discussing of people to be negative or derogatory, but I'm sorry, sometimes you just need to get things out of your system on how you feel about certain people and certain things that you do. However a line must be drawn. Spreading nasty rumors is just too nasty and mean and should be avoided at all cost.
I have had several 'gossip hours' (as we have so dubbed them) with good friends as we sat around and just talked about random people and things they do. They are, in fact, very cleansing for the soul as you get all that negative energy out of you and you can move on with life instead of holding out on all those negative thoughts. Ugh . . . that sounded very hippieish (for the lack of a better word), but I really do think that way.
10 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment