CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pack Rats

Happy New Year! Normally on New Years people blog about their resolutions that they are going to try to keep through out the next year, but since I'm completely opposed to New Years Resolutions, I decided to write about something else.

Today I was cleaning out my closet so I can start my year afresh by getting rid of old things and cleaning out junk I don't need or want anymore. It is a very cleansing excersise by the way. Anyway I hollered to my little sister and her friend to come and sort through my old stuff before I gave it away to DI. They did, and then my little sister started to mock my closet, making fun of it because it was so clean. She then called me a pack rat because I had two boxes full of sentimental childhood toys and I immediately bristled. That could have probably been the worst insult that she could have given me.

My little brother and I started to talk about it and he agreed with my sister, but he also said that everyone is a pack rat in their own way. He told me that I was a minimalist pack rat, oh the oxymoron, but I was a little bit more appeased then my little sister's rude comment.

It's funny how connotations can rule our minds. To my little sister, a pack rat might not be that bad of a word, but to me it is.

Anyway, it sort of made me angry and I just had to rant about it. Sorry it is not quite the New Years blog that most people make.

1 comments:

Kell said...

I am on a blog! But you shouldn't say I'm rude sis. I was just playing with you. You take every thing so seriously.