So today while I was at lunch I talked with my best friends sister and her friends who were wearing these signs around their necks. Curious, I asked why and they said it was for an assignment for English because they were studying The Scarlet Letter. They had to come up a label for themselves and hang it on them for the world to see, just like Hester in the book.
It made me start thinking, what would I label myself if I was given the assignment? I started looking at other students and I probably would have labeled myself Nerd, Blonde, Molly Mormon. But then I dug a little bit deeper. Really what would I do? Would I want to portray myself more negatively as I analyze myself such as Invisible, Self-Centered, Egotistical? Or would I not want to share that with the entire school? Would I play it safe and just say Quiet or Nerd? I wouldn't fall into any one label and I don't know what I would do.


0 comments:
Post a Comment